Setting up Sharepoint Search Service:

While trying to configure SSP (shared services provider) i kept getting a ‘no indexer error’. So of i went to set up a search services on MOSS 2007 when i got an annoying ‘An unhandled exception occurred in the user interface.Exception Information: OSearch (AccountName)’ error.

Simple solution involved putting the DOMAIN NAME before the account name. Microsoft user experience continues to frustrate :(. I must credit the following blog for the solution http://gpeiris.blogspot.com/2007/04/unhandled-exception-occurred-in-user.html

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s